The Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society, the nation's largest non-profit senior care chain, is one provider with an outstanding presence on social media, including a very active Twitter feed (@GoodSam). Its social media staff share five best practices for social media posts.
- Be sincere. Don’t write another sales pitch. Remember that different social media platforms require different message styles.
- When it comes to staff recruitment, people want to know their work makes a difference—a key trait in assisted living careers.
- Use great photos. Pictures are quick and easy to digest, and they paint a clear picture of your company.
- Know your audience, whether they are potential residents, caregivers or those with aging loved ones.
- Protect the rights and the dignity of your residents. Never post unflattering pictures, and always receive written permission to use a resident’s photo or information online.
Bonus tip: Cute babies, cute animals, cute elders. In other words, have some fun.