1. Give 'em hell
3. Hang out on the patio from spring through fall
4. Attend every off-campus trip available
7. Join, or start, the International Association of Nursing Home Residents
8. Sit in the lobby and watch the people come and go, while knitting
9. Attend the Classic Rock and R&B performances in therapeutic recreation
10. Take a survey course in world religion by attending services of every denomination
11. Watch all the movies I've missed
12. Eat chocolate every day, just like I do now
13. Teach people about nursing homes from the resident perspective
What will you do?
Dr. Barbera is an author and a licensed psychologist consulting in long-term care facilities in the New York City area. She frequently lectures on subjects related to psychology, aging, and nursing homes. Dr. Barbera is available for private consulting with organizations, institutions, and individuals around eldercare issues. Visit her personal blog at www.mybetternursinghome.blogspot.com.