Continuing Education Test #173 Based on Long-Term Living April 2012
How to Use the ACHCA Continuing Education Test
- Reviewing the test, below, is strongly encouraged.
Click here to register, pay, and take the post-test online. You will receive your certificate of completion immediately.
- Each test is approved for 2 CE Credits for nursing home administrators and 2 contact hours for nurses. Any questions concerning the online portion of the test should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The American College of Health Care Administrators (ACHCA) is certified sponsor of professional continuing education with the National Association of Long Term Care Administrator Boards (NAB). This course has been approved for 2 clock hours and 2 participant hours. State licensure boards have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses.
- The American College of Health Care Administrators is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
1. In the article “Senior living in a sandbox: The China investment,” Kolus reports that the Chinese government has requested how many senior housing beds be added to the country by 2015?
a. 2.7 million
b. 3 million
c. 3.4 million
d. 3.9 million
2. Which company is opening the first foreign-owned senior care facility in China?
a. China Senior Care
b. Merrill Gardens
c. Cascade Healthcare
d. Brookdale Senior Living
3. Serio (“The Marriage of the RAI, compliance and education”) advises that modifications to the RAI will become/became effective on:
a. February 1, 2012
b. March 1, 2012
c. April 1, 2012
d. May 1, 2012
4. The RAI process, as described by Serio, consists of what three main sections?
a. MDS completion, Care Area Assessments and care plan
b. RUGs evaluation, MDS completion and care plan
c. Care Area Assessments, QAPI and RUGs evaluation
d. MDS completion, QAPI and care plan
5. Merritt et al (“Geriatric Nursing: A Growing Field”) point to Koh’s conclusion that negative student clinical experiences in long-term care may be related to:
a. excessive demands put on student nursing skills in the LTC setting.
b. perceptions if caring for the elderly and a lack of preplacement orientation.
c. perception of LTC nursing as being routine and boring.
d. a belief that the nurse/patient rations are too high in LTC settings.
6. Richman (“Are Wii Ready for the Baby Boomers?) suggests that a barrier to LTC communities adopting new, technology-based activities is:
a. staff resistance to learning technologies
b. funding the cost of the technologies
c. a lack of access to facility connectivity
d. competition with traditional activities
7. Piazza (Focus On) says a top priority for owners of senior living communities should be:
c. interior design
8. Piazza says one common mistake providers make is overlooking the importance of blending décor with:
c. clinical care
9. According to Wachler and Lange, RACs (“Defending Against Medicare Contractor Audits”), an automated review by a RAC occurs only when:
a. recommended by a medical review board
b. there is an improper payment
c. medical records are reviewed
d. referred by a Medicare Administrative Coordinator
10. When appealing an unfavorable RAC audit decision, how much time does a provider have to file a rebuttal after receiving the decision?
a. 7 calendar days
b. 7 working days
c. 15 calendar days
d. 15 working days